Monday, November 01, 2010

Listen to me...


On Friday we went with Cali and Joey on a date.

First though it was Grace's birthday so I went with Cali, Carolina, Grace, and Jack to Build A Bear while Cortney watched the kids. Our kids have never ever been there and the three that got to go couldn't believe how awesome it was. It really was. They were in heaven.

I have begged my kids to go to build a bear but they always have said no. When they saw how cool the bears actually were they were changing their minds.

Cali did this for Grace instead of having a birthday party. Smart.

Afterwards we went on our date. This is the part where you have to listen to me...

We went to a place that Cali and Joey have been talking non stop about. It is called Chubby's Cafe. Wow. This place is in Pleasant Grove and if you live around here you have to go. It is a sandwich/burger place but everything I tasted was insane. Cali and I shared the Reuben sandwhich (which heated up deliciously the next day) and the bacon blue burger (with HUGE chunks of bleu cheese)...Cortney had a 2/3 lb bacon mushroom swiss burger, and Joey had the Shrimp Po'Boy. All were to die for. This place is recently under new management with new everything. I ordered the hushpuppies as my side and they weren't the best I have ever had but the BATTERED fries are insane. Joey also got a side of broccoli cheese chowder and it was so good. All of the their buns are just perfect. Soft and delicious. (cortney got the scones with honey butter as his side)

Joey has been going to this place for lunch like twice a week since he discovered it. Our friend scott gets the jalapeno burger which has 3 kinds of cheese and 3 different meats...yes please!


This is the worst picture of me but I NEVER EVER get pictures with Cortney smiling. I was tickling his armpit. hahaa.

We loved it so much that Cortney and I went the next day. Seriously go there now. They have a frequent dinner card AND for the two of us it was around 15 bucks. You can't beat that.

I could seriously use a pulled pork sandwich right now...(but I guess the name says it all...if you ate there everyday you probably would get chubby) Their menu doesn't have the best descriptions (i love reading about food) but whoever is at the counter can describe any dish to you.

Sounds like a fun thing to do for family night huh?? (I should be on their pay roll...)

6 comments:

Kent/Sue Adams said...

That sounds so good! We have to come up to Riverton for Maggie's Doctors appointment in a few weeks! I might just have to take a little trip down to Pleasant Grove!

Melissa B. said...

Build is a bear is fun. I am just glad my kids didn't discover it until now. Yummy food! And I have been meaning to say YOU LOOK GREAT! Although I think you always do! One hot mama.

SW Portraits said...

Yeah, this place IS good! I went their for a friend's wedding luncheon. I think I had the chicken alfredo. Ummmm... DELISH!

Angie said...

sounds divine!

Supercords said...

Holy crap, I MUST go there soon!

Kandee Lou said...

Sounds delish, maybe we can hit that place next time we are in town!