Thursday, November 11, 2010

5 years

Rob on his 1st birthday (haha I just noticed that henry is wearing this shirt today...5 years later...hand-me downs drive me crazy, and save me everyday)


My little (or not so little anymore) Robbie is 5 today. For some reason this birthday is a very important one and he has been going on and on about it for a week. It has put a lot of pressure on me that is for sure. He wants everything to be perfect and for some reason doesn't think he should have to go to school.

Of course I REALLY threw my neck out yesterday so I am flat on my back doing nothing. It is killing me. I went to Night in Excellence last night for young women's and by the time I got home I couldn't move my hand enough to get a drink of water. I am feeling a little better after sleeping and will go to the chiro this morning...so hopefully that will help.

I still haven't decided what we are going to do for a party. Sheesh.

Oh and I just want to say that my little baby Hens can say "thank you"...it is the cutest thing in the whole wide world. Last night (before mutual) I was laying on the floor in the dark with a blanket over me...and Henry kept crawling all around me. He knew something was going on. He is not cuddly at all but he would crawl over and put his cheek on mine and then run his fingers through my hair for a while and then lay down on my chest. I loved it.

I just want to say I love Rob. I know on here I write a lot that I am at my wits end with the boy...and I am trust me. But...I was not easy to raise either. When I write those things it is because it is what I am spending every second of my life doing. He is however the light of my life... I am so grateful to have him. He is one of my best friends in the whole world and my snuggliest kid by far. I am so thankful to have had 5 great years with him. (his growing up pictures make me laugh so hard because he has always been the same strong boy)

7 comments:

Adri said...

William had that same shirt...I just pulled it out for the new baby. How funny! I am excited to use hand-me-downs this time. Is it weird to be excited about that?

Gords said...

Happy Birthday to Rob. Your blog is very entertaining. Your stories are never boring and loaded with lots of character. Never met you guys, but with the fun stories and pictures, I look forward to the next chapter.

When I think of Rob and his fun personality, I picture him like this in my mind. Haha.

Also - video of Henry saying Thank you would be fun to see.

Ike and Linh Earl said...

yay! happy birthday rob! ash ill make the cake! ha ha :)

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Happy Birthday to Robert Owen Boice! We Love you!
Love Grandma Connie and Grandpa Doug

Christensen's said...

Happy Birthday Rob! Can't wait to hear Henry say, "Thank you."...if he will perform...I seriously love your boys! And I love that Oliver complimented me on my coat today :)

bBchronicles said...

(((((this is a special message for R.O.B.S.T.E.R.))))))
R.O.B. - hey dude . . . .HOW ARE YOU? I'm sorry - Gma was sick in bed tonight and didn't get you called as I was sleeping (ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz - that's snoring!!!). Gpa and I will call you tomorrow and SING TO YOU when Gpa gets home. I hope you had a great day - you're getting so darn old. I was thinking about giving you your present (and Henry's present) when you come for Thanksgiving????? I'll decide this week. Be a good boy and we'll talk to you tomorrow around dinner time!

I love you Robert Owen Boice (((((((kissess!!!!!!)))))
GmaBerta

Kandee Lou said...

I can't believe he is 5 either, although he has always seemed so grown up to me. He is such a little MAN. Hope you are feeling better.