Sunday, February 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to me....

So today I am 27!!! 27 that seems so old. Yesterday I took my passport picture and I look old in it. Cali assured me that the camera they use there just casts weird shadows but it was a great intro to my Birthday. I got to sleep in this morninig...at 10:00 my kids and husband came in with a plate of toast and a huge garbage sack of balloons. They all jumped on me...well Rob jumped to get the toast he had been crying for and Oliver jumped on a balloon and popped it. What a great way to be woken up. Rob ate up the toast as fast as he could making sure to cover me with buttery crumb filled hugs and kisses, while Oliver yelled happy birthday and told me to hurry to see the kitchen. They had colored a sign that says "happy B-day Mom" So cute. I am so lucky.so of course in this picture I have my mouth full of the toast my kids made for me. As we were falling asleep last night Cortney asked me my favorite thing that happened this last year of my life. It was a real tie between finding out my dad DOESN'T have cancer and the first day my medications kicked in and I could close my hands in a fist for the first time in almost a year. So many amazing things happened to me this last year....and I hate sounding cheesy but I guess that if that is what getting older is...the passing of time while amazing things happen, then I guess I am okay with getting older. Woke up this morning to more snow.
Oliver punching a balloon that I got for my birthday. I could hear Rob crying for about 5 minutes before I got woken up...he was mad and sad that Cortney was trying to put the balloons in a bag to pour them on me. He wanted them all to himself. Also today my nephew was born. Heather and Brian WIlliams' son. I hopped he would be born on my birthday. There are so many February birthdays in our family and now we get one more. I am dying to know details...I could see from some of the pictures that he was on a little oxygen mask...so he must have had some problems like Heather's other babies. I am thinking about them so much today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! We hope you had a special day. We have been thinking about you. Maybe you, Cali, and I should go out to lunch to celebrate our Feb. birthdays. I am always looking for a chance to eat and chat :) Anyway - Happy day to you! Loves - KaeLynn & Co.

Berta said...

Love your b-day sign - reminds me of Grandpa Ward painting everyone a sign as they grew up - tradition, something really fun to start. Love the art work.