Monday, February 19, 2007

CHOICES

So we finally finished our cabinets. PHEW...that took forever. They came out looking really nice. It is hard to show in a picture because the flash makes them seem way lighter than they are in real life and it shows more of the brush strokes. It definatly looks better than before though. Now I am trying to decide what color to make my countertops. It is too hard of a decision so I thought I would post pictures for you all to help me decide.
Our lovely cabinets
Okay this is the first one it is a gold color. I love that it is warm toned, and it would be easy to clean. (keep in mind that the colors might not be exact...my photography with Cortney's fancy camera is never great)
Second...a grey tile with some specks of maroon...it definatly matches the cabinets
Last but not least is this green tile. It looks cool toned in the picture but it has olive undertones not teal ones. It has some yellow flecks too. The paint swatch doesn't look like it matches at all but in regular light it does. Cameras do tricky things. I had to lighten the picture up so you could see anything at all so don't think my taste is that bad that I would mix that paint with that granite. I think this one would be the hardest to keep clean. So eveyone that reads this give me a vote. Then maybe I can get it done by the weekend.
Here is Ollie this morning loving our couches as much as I do.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great job with the cabinets they look amazing! Would you guys want to do concrete countertops. It would probably cost around $100-$150 for the whole shabang. I like those colors though. I think any tan would look great.

Berta said...

DITTO on Heather's remarks - amazing job on the cabinets - love, love, love. I think you did an amazing job - nice choice of color.

I concur (sp?) on your color chips as well . . .wicked ! ! ! You guys are really upgrading your home - have you been watching "Design on a Dime"? (one of my favorite shows).

Ollie is lovin' that couch - what a great buy. NICE WORK, GUYS!