Monday, April 22, 2013

Catching up...Always


First off we went on an awesome family vacations...there will be lots of posts coming up about that.  It was JUST what I needed.

Second, last Sunday Rob was teasing Henry about something and I said..."Rob stop teasing him he doesn't even know who the president is..."

Henry came to me with huge tears rolling down his chubby cheeks and he said..."Mom I know who the president is, it's Heavenly Father." (picture it being pronounced Heabenly Fahder)

I thought it was just about the cutest thing ever.

 Last Monday I woke up paralyzed (okay okay I'm being a little dramatic here) with a pinched nerve in my back/neck.  I couldn't move without seeing stars.  I am feeling much better but still uncomfortable.  I couldn't get out of bed.  My two baby kids did pretty good without me and Theo took a huge nap.  The rest of the day they crawled around my bed asking me to open go-gurts for them.  I think the hardest part of being a grown up is you don't ever have someone to take care of you.  It was a rough day.  (i did read a whole book that day.  Finnikin of the Rock...totally recommend it.)  Oliver helped out a ton when he got home too.  Good boy.

You gotta love pictures your kids take of you.  When I find pictures of me on my phone they are usually blurry pics of me in my garms taken by Henry...hahaa.  
This one he took one of the days my neck hurt the worst.  I look horrible...I felt horrible.  


Some time in the past week or so Henry and Fiona (mostly Henry) got out all of the games at Cali's house.  It was annoying but funny because Tyson, Addie and Ella used to do this...then Oli and Jack...and then at least 4 years ago Carolina and Rob.  It has been a long time since we have had to clean up games...and if we stay on track we will only have to do it one more time when Willie and Theo do it and then we won't have to worry about it again until we have grandkids.  

Even the naughty things my kids do are pretty predictable   

During this time My grandma Earl and Uncle David and Aunt Peggy were in town.  They took us to dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe (so fun...I sat at the adult table and David sat with Cortney and my boys...hahaa, he is a brave man!).  We also had the opportunity to go and see Courtney (my cousin not my husband) dance one last time before she graduates.  Carolina came with us and the show was spectacular!
Of course no pictures of that though!

This week around here my kids (and Cali's) have had the worst flu ever.  It is a NIGHTMARE over here.  There are just too many sick at once for me to take care of them. 




Oli is getting old and pretty much takes care of himself...


 Cute climber baby. 




 We also had spirit week.  I couldn't really get my kids to dress up but Rob would for rock star day.  He loved it. (I put on dark eyeliner but he thought he looked like a girl and made me take it off of him...) 



We have been trying to take our kids out each month around the day of their birth....so Oli goes around the 24th and Rob goes around the 11th.  It has been fun.  Cortney and I alternate which kid we take.  These are some pictures from when I took Oli to the Chocolate.  Yummy. He was amazed by the yumminess.  


No comments: