Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reno part 1

There are probably going to be a lot of posts on our Reno trip. I have a lot to blog about but my life seems super hectic right now and I don't have a lot of time.

So here we go...part one.

We left Orem after school on Wednesday. They boys were both excited to go but not looking forward to a long trip. The car drive started off so good.

My boys are seasoned car trip veterans. Especially if they have a show to watch or the Beatles to listen to they barely make a peep.


It was so nice to have them all spaced out and not touching each other.


Henry quickly fell asleep and stayed that way for a good hour or so. Oh...this day was also his actual birthday.


He loves to watch movies in the car too...No, I don't have him wear headphones Robbie had put them on him and I couldn't resist the picture.

Henry quickly went from happy and sleeping to this...

He was so ticked off that we wouldn't let him out of his seat. He cried so hard he puked. I will say however that he was getting two teeth (isn't that what new parents always say when their baby is being bad??)...no though for reals he was getting new teeth :). Since this baby has been alive my parents have been on a mission. So he hasn't learned to travel. All of our kids have to have their little spirits broken at some point (when it comes to car trips and realizing that, No, mom is not going to get them out of their seat). This trip was that for Henry. He was TICKED off. He finally fell asleep around 10:00 p.m. and stayed that way for most of the way there. It was pretty horrible though.

My other boys slept the whole way.

We got to Reno around midnight. Ty was waiting up for us (Nicole teaches early morning seminary) and we were all so excited to be there.

They have a beautiful house in Reno and we really loved their town.

So that is post one...horrible car ride. Stay tuned for part two...Reno is fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I experienced that with Landon on my drive from IF home in horrible weather conditions. It was so stressful. Daishan