Tuesday, November 11, 2008

shots.

So today we went and got the kids immunizations up to date.  Holy smokes.  It was nuts.  Oliver had to get his kindergarten boosters and his hepatitis A shot.  (I never take my kids to the doctor...I don't know why)  Anyways, Oliver was so scared and trying really hard to be brave...he kept saying over and over "I can't handle the pressure".  Rob got his 1 shot first...and freaked out.  It was horrible...I had told Cortney to take Oliver out while Rob got his so he wouldn't know how bad it was going to be.  But he didn't...bad move.  Oliver freaked.  He was crying and crying before she even started.  He still held pretty still (although I did have to hold his arms down).  Oye....I am so grateful I didn't have to take them all alone, like I usually do.  Oh I also got them the flu shot...not the shot but the mist...which was awesome by the way.  

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

kade goes on thursday for his 4 year appt and i'm really hoping they have the flu mist for them. usually kade is freaking before the dr even knocks on the door. he is just getting better this year.

happy b-day to ROB

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Good job! LOVE GRANDMA CONNIE

Alisha Marlatt said...

I hate taking my kids in for shots! Avry looks at me like I'm killing her and Edyn screams and bucks so bad that last time she bent the needle in her leg!

Angelique said...

Adorable Oli..."can't handle the pressure"...way to go, that's a tough job to take kids to get shots, I'm sure.