Friday, December 07, 2007

i jus' wanna say

I wanted to sit down and write some about the trip...before I am too far removed from it. I am not going to write about what we did...because that will come later. I just wanted to say...that it was one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. I already have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I always have. As a kid we traveled to the church history sites (nauvoo, sacred grove and such) often. I KNEW from a young age that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. It helped me out so much to see with my own two eyes...where he walked...and lived. This trip really brought the Book of Mormon into a whole new perspective for me. It was crazy to see how they "could" have lived...and hid, and fought. I could have never imagined...Guatemala is amazing. Such an amazing country. The people there still live the way their ancestors lived. It is also so beautiful, and lush. This trip will be something I will always remember (thanks to Cortney's 5000 pictures). Cortney and I loved every minute of it. I love traveling with Cort...we get along so well. Also I wanted to say that the people we were on the tour with were awesome. I learned so much from them. A lot of them I knew before...because a lot are from Moses Lake. We were all connected through someone. I got to see so much generosity. These people wanted so bad to help out the people of Guatemala and Mexico. I hope someday when I can afford to I can be as generous. Honestly it was one of the best parts of the trip to see. We had people paying fast offerings to the stake in Villahermosa...where the week before they were devastated with flooding. Also some people on the tour donated 100 blankets they bought at a Guatemalan blanket factory...for the relief of the flood victims. I was really sad for the whole thing to be over. The last morning together at our devotional...we sang Book of Mormon Stories. I couldn't get through it, because I was crying. Crying for everything I had seen...crying because it was over, crying out of gratitude to those Lehietes that lived, so we can have the Book of Mormon...and crying for my little boys whom I had just spent 16 days away from. It was awesome. If you go anywhere...go on this tour. My dad is taking another one in two years...start saving your money now. It is worth it, every penny. Oh...I also wanted to say something about the tour company...Book of Mormon Tours they were awesome, our tour guide Blake did a great job, I can't say enough.
Here is our whole group....minus cortney...sigh. I do have some shots that he is in and I will put in some of those once we get all of our pictures. I also have a real smirk on my face...but that is how I really am...it is nearly impossible to get a picture where I am being normal. We rode around on a tour bus for 16 days...close quarters. I miss them all. But, I am glad to be home...
Look at this cute face. It has been great being back with my kids.

3 comments:

dirty>south said...

we are so there for the next one (oooh, it costs money, though). we'll start saving. it sounds like something everyone should do.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear more about the experience. Write soon!

LC

mumovearls said...

I want to go on that tour so bad I've heard so much about it! someday ryan and I will-
I love this picture of your baby-it's so perfect!-nena