Wednesday, December 05, 2007

holy freak

On our last night on the trip we were in Mexico City and were heading to the very center of town. I was showing Angelique something out the window, to which she said "holy freak". I thought that was an odd reaction to the thing I was showing her. It turned out she saw a fully naked Mexican woman standing there in her birthday suit. The lady was just standing there like nothing was going on. I of course screamed for everyone on the bus to take a look. Then we realized that the whole town square was filled with naked people protesting someone in the government. It was awesome. Everyone on the tour was taking pictures. Cortney unfortunately only had on his lens that doesn't zoom at all. My mom said "this is so exciting". Here is the picture we did get...the guys were wearing loin cloths of some sort...the women however weren't so lucky. They were completely "desnudo" except for their tennis shoes.

It really made me glad to be an American. It is nice to live in a country where they don't let just anyone walk around in the buff.

8 comments:

Berta said...

WHAT A CRACKUP! ! ! ! ! ! !

Angie said...

hahahahahhaa. i would have been laughing so hard. that is awesome. crazy foreign countries.

dirty>south said...

I protested like that one time at McDonalds. They ended up giving me my McGriddle for free.

Samantha said...

That is Hilarious.

lanita said...

Holy freak or holy streak? hahaha
Welcome home!

The Clark said...

like cortney didn't jump off the bus and join them. there's nothing he likes more than nudity. i'm pretty sure i have evidence of that somewhere...

mumovearls said...

That is Hilarious! I can totally see your mom saying that! There's nothing like lots of "desnudo" Mexicans! hahaha-n

PS Cortney I am so jealous of your camera Please tell me more about it! (It's the one I want to buy)I just have to decide????

Anonymous said...

Well all of the wrong people would is the problemo. All the people we would WANT to actually see naked wouldn't.

LC