Tuesday, December 04, 2007

d300

So I know everyone is waiting for trip pictures...they are coming. Cortney took 20 gigs of pictures though...so there are a lot to go through. Plus my dad has more than half of them on his computer so I have to wait until this weekend to get them when they come down to Utah. I kept a journal the whole trip...so I will eventually write it all on here day by day. So it will probably be boring but there will at least be more pictures.

We have news of a new addition to our family though. Cortney's Camera is here, he is so excited. He set an alarm yesterday morning so he could wake up right when they opened to go pick it up. He was shaking as he was unwrapping it.
Here it is in all it's glory. It is pretty sweet. It is a big day for us....and one he has waited for, for like three months. In fact any time we had down time on the trip he would take out his paper the photography store gave him about his camera...and read it. Over and over. Needless to say he is on cloud nine right now.

Being home has been so wonderful. I absolutely love the USA. It just always feels so great to be home. My kids of course, are adorable. I wish I had Rob's face when he saw us for the first time. He was just SHOCKED. He couldn't believe it and then ran to Cort (no offense) and hugged him so tight. Then Cortney went outside for a little while to take out the luggage and Robbie freaked out. He thought he was leaving him again. We spent yesterday listening to Christmas music and putting up the tree. (only three ornaments were broken in the process...nothing that I can't fix though...I can hear my mom gasping all the way from Washington). We then had Family Home Evening and we told them about where we went and sang some Christmas songs...along with once there was a snowman...about 4 times. I missed my children so much while we were gone. But honestly...there is nothing better for a mom than some time away. I have always thought that it is very important for married couples to go away together...alone...no kids. And this trip was perfect. There is no one I would rather travel with than Cortney...after I got used to him photographing me the whole time...of course. It was just the break I needed. Now I feel refreshed and ready to be back. Everything my kids do for now is so cute instead of annoying and I feel so grateful to get to do what I do.

5 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

K, I'm so jealous that youguys got to go on your trip, also very sad that Tom and I didn't! I want to see TONS of pictures, just so my jealousy can increase! I can totally relate to Cortney and lugging around all that equipment. Glad your back.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to see his photos! And also hear about the experience and feelings. Very cool stuff.

LC

Adri said...

Um even though I have Canon stuff I am totally jealous. That's a sweet camera. I bet he has sweet lenses too. Can't wait to see more pics.

Berta said...

"OHHHHHHHHHH, BABY, COME TO MAMA!"

mumovearls said...

my kids always get so excited whenever Ryan and i leave them home -It's like they didn't think we were coming back!-n