Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mike and Allies wedding...otherwise known as 42 hours of driving

In the end of June we packed up our car for our "summer vacation". We realized that Tyler and Nicole were going to be in Rexburg for the 4th and we hadn't seen Bob and Roberta and the gang since Christmas, so we decided to head up to Rexburg first. Wow long sentence. I Love love Rexburg in the summer. There is hardly anything better. Cool days, cold nights...beautiful farm land. I love it. Plus Bob and Roberta have all sorts of time off, so we always get to see them lots. I think it is my kids favorite place to be. They love it there. Honestly, the trip was so long ago I've forgotten what we even did but I will try to remember. I mean if you don't journal don't get credit for it later right?? We have no pictures from our time in Rexburg, of course.

We spent most of our time hanging out, the boys got to play with Kelson, Carson and Cooper a ton which really made the trip so fun. Nicole and I had some wonderful girl bonding time doing things like hanging out at Walmart and D.I. Nicole cut my hair too...which made my trip.

All the fun was kinda cut short when Tyler crashed really badly mountain biking and was pretty seriously hurt. It was scary. Luckily nothing keeps that man down and he didn't break anything.

Sunday (July 3rd) we loaded up the car at around 8 a.m. and got on the road to Roseburg, Oregon to visit Sam and Kyle before the wedding. Wow. What a crazy long day of driving that was. I have never had such a long day since I have had kids. We were all going crazy. My two older boys were perfect angels sleeping and resting the whole day. Henry was pretty sad on and off and slept maybe an hour or two the whole time.

Here is Henry strapped in while I went to the bathroom. I couldn't resist how cute he was. (wal-mart bathroom getting treats)

The drive took us 16 hours!! We stopped in Bend (where we used to live) around dinner time and had a slice from our favorite pizza place. We took the kids down by the river and ate it there. It was beautiful and reminded us why we wanted to live there so bad. We ended up pulling into Roseburg around 1 in the morning. We were TIRED.

Here we are in Bend. Cortney and I really loved our time there. If only we had some family that lived there, oh and a great job that would have helped too.

Oh and yes, I am wearing sweats...I wasn't out of place there at all though...there were all sorts of people out and about this day.

My boys are such good travelers.

The next day was the 4th of July. Justin and Angelique were also at sam's and we spent the day at a park on the Umpqua river. It is beautiful there. Really. At the park Kyle noticed a line for food so we got in it and had some free BBQ. It was really funny. The kids all got in the river and found shells, crabs, and fish.

Then we went back and had a delish BBQ, and lit some fire works.
Me and my boys.

I had forgotten how cute Henry's long hair was. (I cut it shortly after we got back) He was made to live in Oregon. The humidity made his hair BEAUTIFUL. Perfectly curly always. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Here in utah it is just a frizzy lions mane.

Henry would act scared when the fireworks would start and come running to me saying..."B, B, B." Who knows what that means.
After a couple of fun days hanging out in Roseburg, we loaded up and headed to the wedding in Portland. I'm not going to lie...I was just starting to feel better and it was a pretty stressful trip having my kids with me. Weddings just aren't that kid friendly. But...we made it through (barely).

We met my parents at Costco in Portland. It was great seeing them after 18 months of them being gone. My kids were over the moon about seeing them. It really was one of the best parts of the trip for them.

We later went to the hotel and got ready to go to the endowment session. Angelique, the angel that she is said she would watch my kids for me while we went. That means she had 5 kids in a hotel room for 3 hours. YIKES. I appreciated that so much...and honestly a trip to the temple was just what I needed in my life. It really made me feel a lot calmer. Afterwards we dropped Oli and Rob off to sleep the night with my parents (our hotel only had 1 double bed)...and we went with the rest of the adults to applebee's (the only open past 10) we had a great time sitting and talking with the adults.

My kids absolutely loved sleeping the night with my parents. It was by far one of their highlights. (all of the parts they thought were the best were the parts that didn't include Cortney and I...hahaa)

The next morning we were up early for the was the fastest wedding ceremony I have ever been too. Awesome.

You can see my little baby bump here. (the dress really made my belly show)

(I had to steal tons of pictures from all my family we took none)

Mike and Allie.


the earl girls

the earl side of the family

Funny side note...they had said "the boys are supposed to wear khaki's"...meaning the little boys...Cortney thought that meant him. He was pretty ticked that I got that one wrong. HAHA.

The had a beautiful reception (but cold) and afterwards...the best part...Linh took my two older boys with her to Moses Lake. It was awesome. Two nights in a row we just had Henry. And the car drive was also great because I just had one baby to worry about. I couldn't believe how nice of Linh that was. Let's just say everyone could tell how stressed out I was, and were trying to help. haha.

The next morning it was up early and over to Moses Lake. We pulled straight into my grandma's house and dad had 25 pizza's delivered there and tons of our friends were waiting. I of course wasn't wearing makeup and hadn't that was fun. I don't know why I would let all of our people see me that way but I just didn't care.

Cortney playing some game.

Me and Cali talking with some of our best ladies. Cynthia and Shelly. I love these two. Both are like mothers to me.

Mom and dad talking with more of our people.

Cortney and I stayed at Amber and Sean Jenk's house. I love them with all of myself. It was so fun. I didn't want to leave and probably would have stayed another week if I didn't have doctors appointments. Boo. We LOVE them. They honestly are some of our best friends in the world...more like family.
The reception was at Becky's that night. It was gorgeous. Henry kept trying to jump in the lake though so more stress for Cortney. He held that kid the whole trip. THE WHOLE TRIP.

All in all it was a great trip. We drove a total of 42 hours. (after about 30 hours we bought a YO GABBA GABBA dvd and our trip changed drastically...Henry was WAY better).

Sam asked Rob if he was going to get married in the temple and he said..."Nah, too far of a drive." Haha...once I told him he could get married in the temple 5 minutes from our house he was back on board. Funny boy.

It feels so good to have that post over with. Pheeewww.

No comments: