Saturday, November 28, 2009

Polar Express

I have so much to catch up on...yikes.

My cousin Kristy is marrying a very nice young man named Trevor. Cortney did their engagement pictures a while back and Trevor called me up and to thank us wanted to hook us up with tickets to ride on the Polar Express. Trevor's dad works on the Heber Creeper. Anyways...of course we jumped at the chance to go. My kids couldn't believe it and counted down the days. Oliver started drawing trains everywhere and telling everyone we saw about our up coming train ride.

We got tickets for Monday so we could beat the holiday rush. Cortney came home and we were all getting ready to go on up to Heber, and somehow we lost track of time and left late. When we got in the car we only had 30 minutes before the train left. I don't know how it happened. I thought we were leaving an hour early but NO...we were leaving when we were supposed to be getting there. Cortney drove like a maniac trying to get there in time. I was about to throw up. The whole way up I kept telling the kids we might not make the train but if we didn't we would go for ice cream or something and we would still have fun. Oliver was a nervous wreck.

Trevor's dad called wondering where we were (embarassing...I know) when we were still about ten minutes away. He thought we would make it and I felt better after that. When we got there EVERYONE else was already on the train and they were closing the gates. I ran with the boys and yelled for them to wait for us. We made it....I was so relieved. Oliver about died. It was a great time. Such a cute thing. The whole way up Rob kept saying all cool..."the polar express isn't real". He couldn't believe when we got there and it actually was. It was so fun. A big shout out to Trevor and Kristy for making it happen.


We have some major red eye in these pictures...so much I couldn't even fix them. Our little camera sucks...maybe it is because we are used to a faster camera...I don't know how people do it.
Henry slept in his little sling the whole time. I had wanted the boys to wear matching pj's but they wanted these ones...I didn't think it was worth a fight.


Cort and I and Hen, finally we have someone to take a picture of us...Oliver is just old enough.


I wish I had captured Rob's face when he first saw Santa...his whole face just lit up. Here they are getting a bell, the first gift of Christmas.



THe only picture with santa and his eyes are closed.

Lastly the four of us in front of the train. How fun right??



4 comments:

Angelique said...

hahaha...Rob trying to be cool. Funny. I'm so glad you made it, you had me on the edge of my seat reading this post. Seriously, you did.

I told Justin that it would be fun to have a really sweet camera and he was like, "well, would you read the instructions on how to use it?" uhh..nope. I guess we're stuck with a lame one, luckily Cortney is a sweet photographer.

ashleyboice said...

Angeluque why are you up so early? Packing?? I am up too and can barely keep my eyes open.

bBchronicles said...

They boys (and you) will NEVER FORGET this fun experience! HOW FUN! Thanks for sharing - so cute.

AJ said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!