Sunday, December 11, 2011

This week around here

We have been really trying hard to really celebrate the Christmas season. To make Christmas more about traditions and family and less about presents and electronics.  It has been a little hard since I don't leave the house and we can't really go anywhere outside all together.  We took the kids to see the lights 2 mondays ago (the lights at riverwoods) Cortney and the kids walked around and I stayed in the car with theo.  It took about 15 minutes before the kids got in trouble and we had to leave.  (Cortney never gets them in trouble so they must have been being REALLY bad).  This week we made gingerbread men for family night.  Can you see my gingerbread man holding a cute little baby???  how adorable is that??
Mom and Theo, Cortney, Oliver, Rob and Henry.  I did something that is hard for me a didn't tell my kids one time how to decorate theirs.  I did however have to make Cortney re do his since all he put on his was chest hair and armpit hair.

We watched Elf on Wednesday and then on friday we got a sausage stick and cheese and crackers and watched The Christmas Story (originally we had wanted to watch Griswalds Christmas Vacation...but Cortney and I had totally forgotten  how inappropriate it is for kids. hahaa We turned it off after Clark flips the other car off but before he talks to the lady at the lingerie counter...it has been years since either of us had seen it)

Theo has these preemie gowns that are the cutest things i have ever seen.  Every time he wears them I can't get over how adorable they are.
I took a picture of him next to the preemie gown and then next to a normal newborn sized gown from the same comapany...so you can get an idea of how small the gowns/Theo is. 


I think he is going to have dark brown eyes like Rob. 


Henry has been doing a lot of this lately.  We all stayed home from church (stake conference) today because we all as a group aren't feeling too hot.  Boo.  

On the plus side.  Oliver's eye is looking almost all the way better. 

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.  I absolutely love this time. I wish now it would just snow. 

4 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Cute cookies. And Theo looks good! It is amazing to see how tiny he is and yet also how alert and how much he is growing!

Cindy said...

oops--the above comment was from me, not my sis....

Allison said...

I can't take my eyes off pictures of that baby! He is SO cute and SO tiny! Ashton was 5 lb. 7 oz at birth and went down a bit after that and I thought that was tiny! I always felt like I was going to break him! I can't imagine your tiny Theo! Anyway, just had to comment! Good job staying in....that can't be easy when you are a "go-er" person! I'm that way, too! Keep posting, I love it!

emily said...

Okay, so I got that exact same Carter's stuff when Marcus was born (not preemie size) and I am kind of obsessed with it. There's something about the light blue stripes with the cool greens and browns and the animal outlines that I am in LOVE with. He grew out of all the newborn stuff and I kind of want to get the next size just because it is so DANG cute. I'm totally starting to love boy stuff.

And weird side note, but someone hand-me-downed that exact same newborn-size gown in your picture too! I swear, you and I are forever baby-linked together!