Friday, February 15, 2008

potty training

On Tuesday Cali and I decided that we would potty train our kids. I didn't really have a choice because Rob has been taking his diaper off because it isn't comfy. While we were in Rexburg for the wedding he kept taking his diaper off and pooping in random places (ie...on top of my bed...yeah fun for me.) So I knew when I got home from the wedding I was going to have to buckle down and do it. I didn't really want to because...let's face it. It is a lot of work. It means watching the kid like a hawk all day...it means, no stores and basically no fun. But I we were up for it. ALSO...Rob and Carolina...embarrassingly...still drink bottles. I know, I know...every parent has something they are embarrassed that they let their kids do and this is ours. I had tried to get rid of them a number of times last year but I knew that I was going to be leaving him with Cali for 17 days and I knew she would need some quiet time. Everyday he and Carolina would lay down drink a bottle and watch Tom and Jerry. Ohhh...when they are drinking bottles it is nice and quiet. Our only quiet of the day. So we also knew that if we were potty training it was time to say bye-bye to the bottles.

I am 4 days out. And it hasn't been too bad. The bottle thing for Rob was A LOT easier than for Carolina...poor thing, that girl knows what she wants (and her little sister still has a bottle which is very confusing). I am so proud of Rob with the potty training. He is a lot younger than Oli when I trained him. And a lot less mature. He hasn't pee'd in his pants once since we started. He has poo'd however like 4 times. That is a pain to clean up. I take my eyes off him for 5 minutes and he goes and finds a quiet place to do business (like the shower) and the whole days a bust. Then I have to wait 24 hours for him to have to go again. He is on a pretty tight schedule so today around 4 he is not leaving my sight. I told him he could go to chuck E cheese if he went on the potty. I don't think he really gets it. I will post pictures later.

1 comment:

emily said...

So I've tried with Addie now twice, and she SO doesn't get it. She gets the wearing My Little Pony panties, but she doesn't get not pooping in them. Or putting any kind of human waste into the potty. We have still yet to see a drop come out of her into the toilet. Ahhhhh! Luckily for us, the ba-ba just recently went bye-bye.