Sunday, June 03, 2007

If it looks like a cheetah it is a cheetah

So Cortney was out of town on a boys weekend this weekend. It is always very hard for me when he is gone. I don't like being alone. I miss him and I get very lonely and bored. Anyways yesterday (Saturday) I was so bored that I decided to go to my nephew's t-ball game. By nephew I mean Jack, Tyson and Zac. They are all on the same team and the game was right by my house so we all loaded up and headed over to watch. It was so hot and sunny that I just knew I wasn't going to stay the whole game. Then the funniest thing happened. My niece brooklyn was there with her friend Megan. Megan's face was face painted to look like a cheetah. It was good face paint too...not like the kind you get at a local fair for free but maybe the kind you get at some rich kids birthday party. I never did ask where she got her face painted. Anyways ROB was SOOOOOO scared of her. I have never seen him act the way he was. His whole body was shaking and he was crying and hiding his eyes in my neck and holding on to me for dear life. He never stopped being scared and anytime she walked past he would scream and hold on tighter. We finally left because he was just too scared. Later in the evening I stopped by KaeLynn's (I needed her creativity to help me with something for girls camp). Megan was still there but almost all of her face paint was washed off. Rob was still totally freaked out by her. It was insane. I loved it though because he was hugging me so much and so hard. She finally washed it all off of her face and changed her clothes and then he was fine. I felt bad for her...I think it is hard to understand at 8 that a baby is scared of your face paint. I guess Robbie won't be going to Disneyland anytime soon. I didn't know he was someone that got scared. It was so nice going to KaeLynn's I was so bored over here by myself and I had already read two books in the two days Cortney was gone. Over there Jason started a fire in the fire ring outside and we roasted hot dogs and ate cherries and chips...it was a perfect start to the summer. As I was leaving her house to put my kids to sleep Cortney called and said he was coming home a day early YEAH. He got home a half hour later. Thank goodness.

1 comment:

Supercords said...

Maybe if you dress him up as a Cheetah for Halloween, it will help him to overcome his fear.

It's the whole 'become what you fear' tactic.